Training Safety Integrity System
Recommended prerequisites: Attendees should have strong technical skills and prior training in PHA/HAZOP and LOPA for determining (Safety Integrity Level) SIL requirements; prior completion of Course 11: Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) or equivalent is highly recommended. Students should also have good understand of process engineering and instrumented controls.
Are you involved in determining SIL levels or designing SIS? Do you think that too many SIS (or too high of SIL ratings) are being recommended for your site? Do you just want to understand what SIS are and where they fit in to control risk and how these are specified, designed, installed, and maintained? Do you want to know how human error dominates the ACTUAL performance in the field of installed SIS? Then this is the course for you.
This Training safety Integrity System explains Safety Integrity System (SIS) from the ground up and explains how these have replaced the definitions of emergency shutdowns (ESDs) and how they different from basic process control systems, such as a DCS. This course differs from others in that you will also learn the state of the art in SIL Verification (and Design) calculations, including how to account for systemic errors caused by human error; these can dominate the failure rate for SIL 2 and SIL 3 systems.
|What You Will Learn on this Training Safety Integrity System :|
|History of SISWhat is a safety instrumented function (SIF) and safety integrity level (SIL)How to determine if a SIF is needed or not, and especially learn if the the other independent protection layers are sufficient for controlling risk to as low as reasonably practical (ALARP). NOTE: other courses will teach you methods that OVER SPECIFY the need for SIS; this course teaches you the unbiased way to determine the proper number of SIF and proper SIL for each.Minimal requirements from international SIS standards such as ANSI/ISA 84 and IEC 61511 (and the basics of 61508). But, also learn the industry best practices behind and beyond these standards||How to specify and design SIS to meet the required functions and SIL.How to verify the SIL for a designRequirements for installation and validation of the SISRequirements for ongoing inspection, testing, and maintenance of SIS, including ongoing proving of the SIL.|
Typical Course Candidates
This Training Safety Integrity System Course is designed for those needing to learn what SIS are, and especially those wanting to learn how to verify SIL design and install and validate SIS/SIL. Those who may benefit from this course include:
- Managers – Operations, Safety
- Project, Engineering, and Technical Managers
- Engineers – Instrumentation, Electrical, Process, Safety, and Mechanical
- Technicians/Specialist – instrumentation
- PSM Coordinators and Managers
Training Safety Integrity System Outline
Introduction to SIS
- Learning objectives and goals of using SIS
- History of SIS and basic definitions
- Where does SIS fit with other ways to control process risk?
- Relationship of SIS to ESD and basic process control systems (BPCS), such as field PLCs, relays, and DCS
- What are safety integrity levels (SILs) and what are the basic requirements for SIL 1, 2, & 3
- Lifecycle of SIS
- Overview of related international standards, ANSI/ISA 84 and IEC 61511 (and 61508)
- Overview of human factors and the impact of human error on SIS.
Determining if a Safety Instrumented Function (SIF) is Needed and if so, what SIL is needed.
- Evaluating all IPLs using qualitative (brainstorming) hazard evaluations methods (such as HAZOP), semi-quantitative methods (such as LOPA and Risk Graphs), and quantitative methods (such as fault tree analysis)
- Determining the risk reduction to allocate to the SIF (if any), which in turn specifies the SIL
- Workshop 1: Determining the need for SIF and the related SIL from a HAZOP report
Specifying the SIF and Designing the Related SIS.
- Determining the process requirements, such as how the process will be brought to safe state, in what order of steps, and with what delays, and also how the process will be restarted after a trip.
- Using the process requirements to develop the Safety Requirements Specification (SRS)
Designing the SIS to meet the required SIL
- Basic reliability terms (such as failure rates, MTTF, MTTR, and MART) and limitations of reliability data
- Basic reliability equations and converting between failure rates and probability of failures on demand (PFD)
- Options for improving SIL rating of a base design, including use of redundancy, changing test intervals, changing reliability of base components, and reducing chances for systemic errors (especially human errors)
- Workshop 2: Basic SIL calculation
- Workshop 3: Using redundancy to improve SIL rating
- Workshop 4: Using shorter test intervals to improve SIL rating
Estimating the PFD of a SIF to Verify the SIL.
- Definitions, rules, and exceptions for determination of SIL
- Using a look-up tables of reliability data and PFDs
- Calculations using simple equations
- Workshop 5: Extending calculations on Workshops 3 and 4 to include systemic failure probability
- Calculations using other methods, such as Fault Tree and Markov analyses
SIS fabrication, installation, and startup
- Issues for fabrication and vendor qualifications
- Installation issues, especially related to maintainability and survivability and and limit common cause failures
- Startup and initial validation test, leading to site acceptance test (SAT)
- SIS maintenance and proof testing (validation) for the life of the SIS
- Maintenance planning and procedures
- Proof testing and record-keeping requirements for ongoing SIL Validation
- Industry example of SIS and issues with each
- Specialized SIS designs: HIPPS, Burner Management Systems (BMS)
- Workshop 6: Pulling it all together from beginning to end
- Planning your path forward with SIS
TRAINER TRAINING SAFETY INTEGRITY SYSTEM:
Dr. Bambang Murtjahjanto, M.Sc, P.E.
Berpengalaman dalam bidang HSE selama 30 tahun. Karirnya dimulai sejak menjadi HSE Engineer di Roy Huffington, Inc (Hufco – Badak) pada tahun 1982 – 1987, kemudian menjadi gas plant manajer di PT. Asahimas Flat Gas, Operation Manager di Dupont Chemicals, Inc USA dan beliau pernah juga menjabat sebagai South East Asia Manufacturing Manager di GE Power and Locomotive USA. Selain aktif sebagai professional HSE, beliau juga aktif dalam memberikan training dan konsultasi di bidang Quality, HSE dan Engineering. Klien yg pernah ditangani diantaranya: PT. INKA, PT. Jawa Power, PT. Agaton Mandiri, PT. PAL Indonesia, McDermott Batam, Chevron Pasific Indonesia, Kondur Oil Co, PT. Pertamina Drilling Service, Total Elf Senipah, JOB Pertamina – Talisman, dll. Pendidikan formal beliau adalah: Instrumentation Engineering ITS – Surabaya, Master Graduate in Reliability Engineering dan PhD in Engineering System dari University of Century – Albuquerque NM USA.
Ir. Suhatri Agus
Beliau berpengalaman dalam bidang teknik dan HSE selama lebih dari 30 tahun, dengan background pendidikan Teknik Industri dan Teknik Elektro. Pernah berkarir selama 33 tahun di PT. Caltex Pasific Indonesia dimana selama kurun waktu tersebut beliau pernah menjabat sebagai Safety Health And Environment Compliance Coordinator. Banyak mengikuti berbagai training HSE di dalam dan luar negeri. Beliau juga pernah menjadi dosen pada tahun 1990-1997 di Akademi Teknik dan Management Industri di Dumai.
Pada tahun 2012, beliau menjadi tim penyusun SKKNI Confined Space KEMNAKER Pusat Jakarta. Project yang pernah ditanganinya diantaranya adalah team konsultan LPG Loading/ Unloading facilities (PERTAMINA), LOPA & SIL di Talisman Energy, Hazops Leader untuk Hazard Operability study (HAZOPS) on Sheedgum Gas Plant ARAMCO (Arab Saudi), dan menjadi konsultan QHSE Management System on TIMORGAP (Oil Company) – Timor Leste.
SCHEDULE TRAINING SAFETY INTEGRITY SYSTEM 2015 :
- Bandung, 11 – 13 Mei 2015
- Bandung, 9 – 11 Desember 2015
INVESTMENT TRAINING SAFETY INTEGRITY SYSTEM
Pendaftaran per peserta IDR 8.500.000,-
Pendaftaran & Pelunasan 2 minggu sebelum training IDR 8.250.000,-
Gratis orang ke 5, untuk pendaftaran 4 orang dari satu perusahaan
Fasilitas Training Safety Integrity System : Modul Training yang berkualitas (hardcopy dan softcopy), Training Kit: tas, Block Note, ballpoint, termasuk jaket atau t shirt, flashdisk, Lokasi training yg nyaman di hotel berbintang empat / lima, Makan Siang, coffee / tea break, Sertifikat, Foto bersama seluruh peseta training safety integrity system
Untuk melihat lokasi training silahkan klik disini
FAQ ( Frequently Asked Question)
Incoming search terms:
- pertanyaan tentang process safety management